With the exciting release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 last month, let us break down some of the new features you can expect:
- Support Named User Pricing for the self-service user type
- Workflow Reassignment Notifications: Email notifications can be sent to the new approver for delegation, escalation, and alternate approval.
- Workflow Condition Management Enhancement: Two new options for what happens when step conditions are not met: continue to next step, reject. This adds more flexibility
- Word templates for Batch Approval workflow emails: Workflow batch approvals now have a default word template for the edit list for: general ledger batches, payables batches, receivables batches. This can be emailed to approver for complete information before approving.
- Smartlists from Favorite: you can create a new Smartlist from a favorite using Designer. User doesn’t have to remove all extra columns from the default Smartlist.
- Import/Export Smartlists from Designer: user will be able to export and import Smartlist definitions created with Smartlist designer form one install to another
- AA user access settings: option to automatically give users access to all AA transaction dimension codes, rather than defining access individually for all users to all codes.
- Budget Import Exception Report: when importing a budget form Excel, an exception report will print displaying accounts that aren’t setup in Dynamics GP.
- Prepayment on Purchase Order Total Amount: Prepayment amount on purchase orders can now include Taxes, Freight and Miscellaneous. Entire PO amount can be included in the prepayment.
- Inactive Pay codes Lookup Option: Option to exclude inactive pay codes form the pay codes lookup. Works for Employee Pay Codes Lookup and the Pay Codes lookup window.
- Export Numbers to Excel Formatted as Numbers: numbers exported from excel will be formatted as a number, not text
- Payables Credit Card Payment: Option for a computer check batch to be paid by credit card. The credit card payment will create an invoice for the credit card vendor. A remittance form will print to show the invoices paid.
- HTML Webclient: Support for Multi-Browser (IE, Chrome, Safari, Edge). Support for Multi-Device (Windows, iPad, Android), New Controls created for HTML client, UI changes, Window Search, Office “banner”
- Web Client Search: Ability to search for a window or report within the GP web client. Shows a list of all open windows and reports based on search criteria. Shows a list of all windows and reports and navigation based on search criteria. Ability to close all open windows at once.
- Sales All-in-One document view: View all related sales documents for a single transaction in one window. Accessible from Customer Maintenance, many sales inquiry windows, navigation lists, and the home page.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Accountnet helps companies get up and running with Microsoft Dynamics GP. We don’t just install and configure the software – we train your accounting staff to use it to create the reports they need, so they can analyze data as needed. Our solutions give both technical and non-technical employees the information they need to do their jobs well — wherever they are, in whatever application they choose to use. Take the next step towards growth with Microsoft Dynamics GP. Contact us at Accountnet to learn more.