More and more, we hear about organizations planning to automate or migrate old reports to the new Financial Report Writer. “Better enablement with visibility” is the number one need identified by business people when it comes to how they get and use information. Visibility means getting the right information into the hands of the right people at the right time. The right information is relevant and accurate. The right people are those who know what to do next. The right time is whenever they need it. That’s the process of accounting software enablement.
Workflow automation helps you streamline key tasks and boost operational efficiencies while freeing your people to pursue their core competencies. Intuitive customization and seamless integration with your existing IT infrastructure help reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and can extend the value of your IT investments. Microsoft Dynamics works the way you do.
Get more with new applications and system features for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2.
- Inactivate/Reactivate Master Records from Navigation List: In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2, users can inactive and reactivate master records for Accounts, Checkbooks, Customers, Sales People, Vendors, Employees, and Items from Navigation Lists. Additionally, users can inactive one employee at a time from Navigation Lists. For each of the different types of master records: Microsoft Dynamics GP will check to ensure the record meets appropriate criteria to be inactivated. The ‘Inactivate’ option follows existing rules and logic in Microsoft Dynamics GP for each master record type. Users will be notified whether the inactivation/reactivation succeeded or failed via the yellow status bar at the top of the list. If ‘Inactivate’ or ‘Reactivate’ fails, users can print a Status Message Detail report to get more information around why it failed.
- Payables Batch Entry window: The ‘Use last day of the month’ checkbox was added underneath the Frequency field in the Payables Batch Entry window. To open the Payables Batch Entry window: on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Transactions, highlight Purchasing, and click on Batches.
- Receivables Batch Entry window: The ‘Use last day of the month’ check box was added underneath the Frequency field in the Receivables Batch Entry window. To open the Receivables Batch Entry window: on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Transactions, highlight Sales, and click on Receivables Batches.
- Monthly and BiMonthly Recurring Batches: With the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2, users can specify whether a Monthly or Bi-Monthly recurring batch should end on the last day of the month in Payables, Receivables, and Inventory Management. When marked it will automatically set the posting date to the last day of the month. So, if the batch is posted the next posting date would be set to May 31. This is great because before (and without the box checked) it would default the posting date to May 30. Three windows have been changed to accommodate the new Monthly and Bi-Monthly recurring batch functionality, Receivables, Payables and Inventory batch entry.
- E-mail POP Purchase Order Other Template from Purchase Order Entry window: The Purchase Order Entry and Purchase Order Inquiry Zoom windows will now allow for the user to choose if they want to E-mail the Blank Paper or the Other form. This can be useful if you are using different Purchase Order formats depending on the type of Vendor that the Purchase Order is being E-mailed to.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Accountnet helps companies get up and running with Microsoft Dynamics. We don’t just install and configure the software – we train your accounting staff to use it to create the reports they need, so they can analyze data as needed. Our solutions give both technical and non-technical employees the information they need to do their jobs well — wherever they are, in whatever application they choose to use. Take the next step towards growth with Microsoft Dynamics 365, GP and SL in the cloud or on your servers—the choice is yours. Contact us at Accountnet to learn more. Call 212-DYNAMICS or 212-244-9009.